6.14.2010

Sew-Along-Athon

My first dress was based on a sew-along I found about a month or so after it ended, so I made it my mission to find some current and upcoming ones to join. I came across two awesome blogs featuring equally awesome sew-alongs that I knew I had to be a part of. Self-Stitched-September is hosted by Zoe who just wrapped up a challenge called Me-Made-May which I missed. She asks you to take the pledge if you're planning to participate so here is my statement of intent:
I, Jaimielee, sign up as a participant of Self-Stitched-September. I endeavor to wear only handmade and refashioned items of clothing and accessories/jewelery every day for the duration of September 2010, with the exception of sportswear and cycling gear.
The Summer Essentials Sew-Along is hosted by Ali who is asking participants to sew "five(-ish) warm-weather friendly pieces by August(-ish)" - the ish is just right for me. So far I'm think I'll try my hand at a pair of shorts, maybe even a romper! God, would that even be appropriate?? There will definitely be a skirt, at least one dress, possibly a t-shirt depending on whether or not I'm willing to kill myself with stretch knits (yikes), a blouse and a tunic. I'm so excited! Last weekend I picked up 3 dresses and 2 t-shirts to refashion from the Salvation Army so I'll count those towards my September projects and I'll try to keep completely handmade stuff for the summer projects. This is going to be so fun, challenging and stressful and I can't wait to get started :)

3 comments:

  1. I love this idea -- your statement of intent is inspiring! I made a romper last weekend out of an old skirt of my mom's, but I'm not sure I'll ever wear it in public. :)

    I can't wait to see what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to your projects :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, your romper is SO adorable! I love the fabric, you should totally rock that for the world to see ;)

    Thanks Ali, I'm so glad you started the sew-along!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from readers! ♥