11.06.2010

Projectopia

The minor progress I've made on the Parkahh! has really just been me shopping. I need to get a few more things like cording, cord locks, and a zipper but I did buy some mystery fabric. It may be polyester, so I'm trying to decide how I feel about that… Right now I'm leaning towards "it's pretty cute," though I flip back to "but it's polyester!" every now and then. I picked up muslin for what will be my very first muslin version of anything (ever), and found really inexpensive pyramid studs on Etsy. I plan on getting started once I finish my throw err, I mean shrug!

100 studs for $4.50 from eff-bombs!

$1.99 per yard from Vogue Fabrics!

Because it was a remnant, it had no label and we all know I have very limited knowledge of sewing, even less of fabrics! The right side (lighter) of the fabric has a slight shine to it, which you can't really see in the photo ;\ While the wrong side (darker) is matte. I can't decide which side I like/goes best with the studs…

Now for a new & exciting bonus project to add to my ever-growing list:

The Sketchbook Project: 2011

"Thousands of sketchbooks will be exhibited at galleries and museums as they make their way on tour across the country. After the tour, all sketchbooks will enter into the permanent collection of The Brooklyn Art Library, where they will be barcoded and available for the public to view. Anyone - from anywhere in the world - can be a part of the project."

Sounds awesome, right‽ The deadline to sign up is the 15th so there's still time. I encourage others to sign up too! I'm so excited to participate :D

2 comments:

  1. Oh, there is nothing wrong with polyester. Just check out the labels in Nordstrom's designer section. It's the quality of the polyester that is the thing to worry about. If it feels good to you then that is all that really matters. I hope this helped.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I appreciate the feedback :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from readers! ♥