2.14.2012

Happy Valentine's Day

Once upon a time, I would actually sketch random adorable things. Shocking, I know! Then I'd obsess over these little sketches and make them into more involved projects, like this one that went from a dinky little pencil sketch to this illustration:


Which then turned into a printed Valentine's Day card I sent to friends and family:


Then it turned into a small sculpture using clay, a glue gun, and a 2x2" wooden base:


The sculpture has since broken into tiny little pieces from moving but I'll always love the photos. It was just so cute. If you've checked out my design website, this is old news, but if you haven't, I hope you like it as much as I do! Happy Valentine's Day ♥

6 comments:

  1. I love it when projects go overboard, this is amazing! happy 1st married valentine's to you and Andrew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this so much! And the fact it kept getting bigger is tres awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's probably my favorite random project, ever :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my gosh, this is amazing and random! Haha, I love that you turned it into a little sculpture. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah, I know it's weird, but I can get obsessive like that...

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from readers! ♥