5.30.2012

Pimm's Wins!

You know I'm no high society English woman, but apparently my preferred beverage suggests otherwise? I was introduced to Pimm's & Stormy at Table Fifty-Two during Chicago's restaurant week this year. It was the most perfectly refreshing alcoholic concoction I'd ever tasted. Pimm’s No 1. Liqueur, Fentiman’s Ginger Beer, simple syrup, fresh lemon and cucumber served in a mason jar with crushed ice and a straw. I'm no "mixologist" (ugh), so follow this recipe at your own will knowing I still don't quite know what its proper name is... You've been warned!


Start with a good ginger beer, not ale! Fentiman’s is great but we decided to try Bundaberg due to the ridiculously awesome packaging. I died when I saw the pull tabs! You'll also need everything else listed above/seen in the photo above.


Slice your cucumber and lemon; I go overboard here because I love fruity drinks.


Here's where I normally curse the apartment gods for not giving me an ice machine built into our fridge! A bunch of cubes just has to suffice.


I repeat, I do not know what I am doing (!), however, I follow a 1:2 ratio and pour about 3-3.5oz of Pimm's over the ice.


Then divvy up one bottle of the ginger beer so each glass gets about 6oz. Pour in simple syrup (to taste), add your fruit and stir! I usually give my remaining lemon half a good squeeze into each glass, too.


And you're done! Sip it with your pinky sticking up and then you'll want to move on to illegal grilling on your standard Chicago faulty wooden back porch... Also see: How we spent our Memorial Day.


Our brand new, little, itty bitty baby grill is just the cutest grill there ever was! It looks even more adorable with tons of stuff crammed in.


Princess and Muscles helped to supervise our family's grilling experience, and overall I'd say it was a pretty rad day. Pimm's was involved, so that's a given. :)

8 comments:

  1. Oh YES! I haven't had a Pimm's & Lemonade for ages- discovered it while studying abroad and drank them constantly (...within reason)even though it was the end of Fall. Delish. Probably going to have to make this. :)
    Also, I just love your doggies and that grill is almost as adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are SO refreshing and delicious, it's easy to forget there's alcohol in there! I usually end up having them in two's...

      Delete
  2. Never had a Pimms and Stormy, but I do love a Pimm's cup: Pimm's, lemonade, sliced cucumber, chopped citrus, chopped strawberries and some mint. Deeelish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmmm strawberries and mint sound like awesome additions! I'll have to try it out :)

      Delete
  3. I went to my 10th college reunion and introduced my friends to Pimm's. It was thoroughly enjoyed. Best summer cocktail I've had in a while. Well, aside from a margarita :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is the best summer drink. I feel like I just need a wrap-around porch and a rocking chair and I'm set!

      Delete
  4. cute dogs, i think:) u have such a nice blog, i'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, they're sweet little fur balls! Glad to have you following :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from readers! ♥