9.07.2013

Get the Look with theBalm's BalmJovi Palette

theBalm's BalmJovi Rockstar Palette is a great, well-rounded face palette, and the first of its kind in my ever-growing collection. Much like their Meet Matt(e) Nude palette, it performs awesomely! As I mentioned a couple months back, theBalm sent it to me after my Nude ‘tude/eBay fiasco.

Get the Look tutorial with theBalm's BalmJovi Rockstar Palette - eyes open
eye open eye closed

Even though Moderato is a little dry, it still performs well for a matte and darkened up my crease nicely. I do find Iron Maid-in to be pretty sheer so using a gold cream base was necessary to get the color payoff I wanted—a little annoying but workable. All in all, I really dig the palette's perfect-for-fall color range, and love the variety of textures. I've yet to use the cream products in the palette, but that's because I have one billion lipsticks already.

Products Used:
NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Pure Gold
theBalm BalmJovi Rockstar Palette
Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum in Ultra Black
Covergirl Clump Crusher Mascara
Maybelline Lash Discovery Mascara
NYX Wonder Pencil in Light
Anastasia Brow Powder Duo in Dark Brown

Get the Look tutorial with theBalm's BalmJovi Rockstar Palette - products used

Get the Look tutorial with theBalm's BalmJovi Rockstar Palette

Step 1: Apply golden base (Pure Gold) onto eyelid and blend with finger.
Step 2: Pat gold (Iron Maid-in) onto eyelid with an eyeshadow brush.
Step 3: Apply brown (Allegro) to outer crease and blend with a blending brush.
Step 4: Apply coral (Don’t You Want Me) to soften edge of outer crease.
Step 5: Apply eggplant (Moderato) to crease and blend with a crease brush.
Step 6: Apply pale gold (Solid Gold) as highlight to browbone and tear duct.
Step 7: Bring pale gold down to inner 1/3 of lower lash line with a pencil brush. Step 8: Apply mauve (Blink 1982) to outer 2/3 of lower lash line.
Step 9: Line waterline with nude waterproof eyeliner.
Step 10: Give yourself wings!

Check out my previous post on this palette if you'd like to see swatches, it also covers theBalm's Meet Matt(e) Nude. HauteLook offers theBalm every couple months or so but I'm not totally sure if the BalmJovi Rockstar Palette is always available. Keep an eye out just in case!

UPDATE: theBalm is back on HauteLook today (6/20/14) through Monday (6/23/14) 8AM Pacific! Get this palette for 51% off - only $19.50!

7 comments:

  1. Great look! I recently brought this palette on vacation and it was so nice because it contains (almost) everything you need for your whole face. I tried using the cream products as blushes for the first time and enjoyed them very much, so you might give that a shot! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always forget about their dual purpose-ness. I love using the highlighter and blush as shadow, but for someone reason I never touch that bottom flap. I'll definitely dig in next time! Thank you!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Ah, this is a reminder to always list out what I'm using on my lips in the future! I'm wearing Auraline Beauty's Hydra-Gloss in Amore, but they're a private label company so you won't be able to order from them unless you're licensed. Revlon's Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey is pretty similar in color though! If you top it with a clear gloss it'd look exactly the same. :)

      Delete
    2. Yes, please do. I'm a huge fan of makeup in general and have a pretty big collection...I love finding new colors, especially in the lips area.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from readers! ♥