10.25.2013

Get the I'm-Going-To-Be-Late-But-Can't-Look-it Look

This is kind of a cheat post, but I really wanted to share what I do whenever I'm in a big rush and just need to do something quick to my eyeballs. Normally this routine would take place in the car while Andrew's driving and I'm trying to finish my liner at every red light we're lucky enough to catch! Of course if I'm just way too late to even bother, I'll forgo makeup because it's not that serious.

Quick Nude Eyeshadow Tutorial - Eyes Open Quick Nude Eyeshadow Tutorial - Eyes Closed
Quick Nude Eyeshadow Tutorial - Eyes Open Quick Nude Eyeshadow Tutorial - Eyes Closed

I've had a few ULTA single eyeshadows since college and they're just OK. I haven't tried enough to know what their entire collection is like, but the three I used daily while in school, and whenever I'm in a rush now work well enough. Mine are dry, like really dry, but that may be because they're pretty old for makeup. They also have that intense grandma's powdery makeup scent but maybe the new ones don't?

I recommend grabbing one shade lighter than your skin tone, one shade darker, and a shimmer if you're into that sort of thing. Application for this look is usually fingers-only, but I'll break it down anyway!

Products Used:
e.l.f. Eyelid Primer
ULTA Eyeshadow in Silk, Bone, Camel
Physician's Formula Eye Booster 2-in-1 Lash Boosting Eyeliner + Serum in Ultra Black
Covergirl Clump Crusher Extensions Mascara
Rimmel Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in Nude
e.l.f. Eyebrow Kit in Medium

Quick Nude Eyeshadow Tutorial - Products Used

Quick Nude Eyeshadow Tutorial

Step 1: Pat lighter shade (Bone) onto eyelid with an eyeshadow brush (finger).
Step 2: Apply darker shade (Camel) to crease with a fluffy blending brush (finger).
Step 3: Apply shimmer (Silk) as highlight to brow bone & tear duct with finger.
Step 4: Line waterline with nude waterproof eyeliner.
Step 5: Give yourself wings!

When all else fails, I'll grab mascara, my eyebrow kit, maybe some blush and run out the door. What do you do when you're running late but you want to do something?

11 comments:

  1. I love this look! I'm gonna have to try it out myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's super easy and quick! It's also my go-to whenever I'm not feeling particularly inspired to do something special. Let me know when you do it, girl! I'd love to see. :)

      Delete
  2. I literally can't ever leave my house without filling in my brows anymore. I feel so ridiculous, to the point of naked? that I will forgo everything BUT brow powder. I think I'm seriously alone in this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no way! I totally feel you on the eyebrow front. If I'm really running late though, I'll cheat and just throw on my glasses because they hide my brows nicely. Otherwise I'm all about mascara/brows and possibly blush!

      Delete
  3. Your eyeliner always looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, thanks Natalie! I've been giving myself wings since I was in 9th grade which is just ridiculous! I've been planning to film a tutorial once I get my YouTube channel up and going but I might just do a pictorial in the meantime.

      Delete
  4. What are you wearing on your lips? I'm loving the color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm wearing Revlon's Stormy Pink matte lipstick with Maybelline's Color Sensation gloss in Purple Royale on top!

      Delete
  5. I was just about to ask the same question about your lips. The combined shades are a perfect match for your cool tone.
    Love your eyeliner! I wish I could do it as well. Someday!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, thank you! I like to experiment with lip colors and sometimes (when I'm lucky lol) it really comes together nicely.

      Eyeliner is definitely one of those "practice makes perfect" kinds of things. You'll get it! And be sure to check back, I'll be posting a pictorial soon! :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! I always love hearing from readers! ♥